Hi Reader! Ride-sharing services have started springing up in recent years. The advantage of these ride-sharing services is the convenience and affordability it gives to users. This massive reception among users influenced many businesses to enter this ever-thriving business.
An abstract idea of on-demand ride-sharing services
In the on-demand ride-sharing services users will book their ride via the app making use of the features vested in the app. This type of booking taxis online is far more different than the traditional booking system, where users will have to make calls to service providers to book taxis. The introduction of on-demand taxis has a greater significance in providing sophistication to users with features like schedule booking, vehicle type selection, and the estimated time of arrival. These real-time features outperform the conventional method of booking taxis.
Types of on-demand ride-sharing services in the marketplace
- Ride-sharing - This type of ride-sharing is where users will book the taxi through the app and the admin will assign the request to the driver. The driver will pick up the user or the rider to the destination.
- Carpooling- Here users will share their rides with other users. This way, users can reduce their taxi fares considerably.
- Peer-to-Peer- In the Peer-to-Peer model, the car owners can rent their cars for ride-hailing services for a certain fixed rate.
To launch a unique ride-hailing business, you need to choose the right type of ride-hailing service and implement it in the development of a ride-hailing app.
Uber- The forerunner of on-demand ride-hailing services
Uber is one of the forerunners in introducing ride-sharing services around the globe. Their services are highly opted for by the users for affordability and convenience. The Uber ride-hailing app allows users to select the car type of their choice and also know the fare of the ride in advance.
The functioning of the ride-sharing services and the entities involved
The entities involved in on-demand ride-sharing services are
- The rider or the user
- The driver
- The admin
Request rides- The rider starts the functioning of the service by booking the ride. The user will choose the type of car based on the number of passengers. The rider has the option to schedule the booking by selecting the preferred date.
Mapping of requests- Once the rider books the ride, the admin will receive notification regarding the user’s request. The admin will direct the ride request to the available or nearby drivers.
Ride-sharing- The rider can opt for the carpooling option where they will share the ride with other riders who choose the carpooling option. The driver navigates through a route that is a normalization of all locations of the riders.
Ride tracking- The rider can track the vehicle’s location right from booking the service to completing the ride. The riders can also share their tracking with others, probably their friends or family members to ensure safety.
Payment- The rider can make the payment for the ride either while booking the taxi or after the completion of the ride.
Reviews- The rider will give feedback based on the ride-sharing experience. Reviews make or break your business hence ensure you provide on-time services to users.
Steps involved in developing an on-demand ride-hailing services app like Uber:
Framing requirements- The initial step in the development process is, the service provider will collect your requirements. In the requirements gathering phase, you can tell your service provider about how you want the app to be right from the UI to the features.
Demo App- Your service provider will develop a demo based on the requirements and specifications you gave in the requirements phase.
Back-end development- The back-end development involves adding the feature-set you prefer. It would be beneficial to your business if you go with clone apps as they require fewer investments than developing apps from scratch.
Front-end development or UI- Once the back-end development is completed, the front-end developers will take over. The developers will design and implement the UI/UX of your app. Once again, in clone apps you can easily customize the UI you intend to be present in the app.
Testing for bugs- Once the back-end and the front-end are mounted on the app, the testers will test the app to know whether the app throws any bugs. If so, the tester will fix it and ensure the same won't happen again.
The development cost of the on-demand taxi clone app:
The developmental cost will depend on several factors including the service provider to opt for developing your app.
- One of the major cost influencing factors is the platform in which you want to run the app. You can choose between any of the following platforms like Android, iOS, and cross-platform. It is highly recommended to choose a cross-platform, as it will be a feasible option for your business.
- The number of included features will again influence the cost of development. As you have the liberty to choose the number of features, choose features that will really add value to your service and users. It is better to include a certain number of features than to overload the app with several features.
- UI customization also decides the cost of development. You can choose the level of UI from basic to advanced.
- In addition to the above-said points, the cost involved in developing depends on your service provider. The service provider charges will vary from one country to another.
App package of the Uber clone:
- The user app
- The driver app
- The admin panel
Features of the user app:
- Schedule rides
- Estimated time of arrival
- Live vehicle tracking
- Book for others
- In-app wallet
- Reviews and ratings
Features of the driver app:
- Accept/Reject rides
- Toggle button
- Route navigation
- Earnings corner
Features of the admin panel:
- Admin dashboard
- Trip report
- Earnings report
Creating a ride-sharing app involves the above-said steps and the cost will be based on your app developer. As the demand for ride-hailing services is climbing great heights, there is no time other than this to develop a taxi app and expose your services to users.